- The QA leader’s role is to develop and execute exploratory as well as automated tests in order to ensure software product quality.
- QA Lead’s responsibilities include estimating, planning, and coordinating testing activities.
- The QA Lead will also ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved.
- The ability to quickly assess risk, lead a team to a decision point and ensure plans are executed are critical skills required to perform this role.
- The lead role is a very hands-on, highly interactive role in a fast-paced, ever-changing production environment.
- Manage a QA team of 5-7 engineers.
- Participate in the design process to understand, analyze and influence the application/service/system to be tested.
- Identify the risks and appropriate test coverage to validate new features as well as regression, and develop test plans and cases.
- Create, maintain and upgrade load systems include automation scripts writing.
- Come up with more efficient ways to test features and identify the area of testing that can be automated.
- Install and configure the system accordingly.
- Execute test cases, manually or in an automated fashion, capture and analyze the results, document issues and prepare test reports.
- Present testing results and progress to the management team
- Use Test Management tools to create, maintain, track and execute test cases; as well as use the Defect Tracking tools.
- Analyze and identify the issues found during testing, either work with the QA teams and/or the R&D teams to diagnose them.
- Understand the business aspects, as well as the ways the customers are using the system; and check if the system is performing as it should have been
- Take over a Test Activity and feature/s lead; including planning, executing, communicating, tracking, and reporting.
- Leading activity and test project capabilities include Planning, designing, preparing, and executing the tests.
- Lead team meeting with QA team and Plant management teams
- Promote a spirit of collaboration across teams and individuals.
- Passion for learning and mentoring.
- Passion for process automation and software quality.
- 5-7 years of QA experience including writing and executing test plans
- 2-3 years of management experience
- 2-3 years of experience in designing and writing QA automation
- Knowledge of script programming (Python, Bash, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of telecommunications protocols (Mobile, VoLTE)
- Strong design, coding and debugging skills (hands-on).
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Advanced hands-on experience in building automated regression testing capabilities using current technologies
- Team player, Independent, out-of-the-box thinker, and self-learner.
- The ability to work in a dynamic environment which can be changed frequently
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science or Engineering related discipline.
- Experience with OpenStack
- Familiar with CI, CD processes
- Experience with JIRA preferred
- VMWare and/or Hyper-V environment knowledge and experience with, NETWORKING, and TELEPHONY protocols knowledge
- Familiarity with computer networking/storage technologies
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.