- The job includes managing Big Data of monitoring systems for telecommunication networks. Working on production database client environment.
- Working with VERTICA.
- Understanding of Vertica architecture & migration, install, configure, manage Vertica system and managing Vertica backup and recovery and restore.
- Experience in handling min of 10 nodes cluster with 50 TB data
- Installation, integration, and configuration of DB and RADCOM applications on Linux machines.
- Ability to understand TCP/kernel parameter and able to relate it to Vertica parameter setting and effect.
- In-house support to other teams in RADCOM such as customer service, deployment.
- Writing and using Shell scripts and SQL. Generate dynamic SQL from DB.
- Responsible for all DB technical support aspects required by the client for RADCOM’s solutions.
- Excellent customer interaction interface with the ability to respond to customer calls independently.
- Work closely with the management on customer updates and future plans
- Daily maintenance and problem resolution, System patches and software upgrades, and routine system configuration
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve issues related to the DB with good troubleshooting and root cause findings.
- If required: travel to on-site support outside India, training, installation, and configuration, etc.Requirements:
- 4-5+ years’ experience with Vertica Database as a DBA in a Linux environment.
- Experience in DB Tuning and performance – must.
- Scripting capability in Shell / PL / SQL- must.
- Experience with Oracle/Mongo – an advantage.
- Team player, self-learner, who can work under pressure.
- Willing to work overtime. Able to work in the afternoon and evening.
- BE/ Bsc in CS, EE, Telecommunications graduate with honor from an elite university – (70%- 90% depending on the colleague. Delhi university a plus).
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux OS – Mandatory.
- Knowledge of OpenStack – an advantage.
- Fluent English – Mandatory
- Residence in Delhi – Mandatory.
- Valid passport
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.